Educator Supports and Resources
Careerforce continues to develop a range of resource materials to support workplace based training and assessment.
To date these have included workbooks, on-line resources, CD-Roms and educator guides. Careerforce also provides literacy and learning support to employers so they can meet the learning needs of their staff.
Careerforce also provides free training for workplace assessors and verifiers and supports graduation ceremonies for trainees.
Glossary and study hints
Click here to download the free glossary and study hints resource (PDF 3.2MB). Printed copies can be purchased online at shop.careerforce.org.nz.
Nine support skills CD-ROM
The modules on this CD-ROM are learning resources for nine Level 2 unit standards that trainees can access through the National Certificate in Community Support Services and the National Certificate in Health, Disability, and Aged Support, for Level 2 (Foundation Skills) and Level 3 (Core Competencies).
The CD-ROM is easy to use and interactive, and can be used as a supplement or alternative to the nine workbooks.
It is available at no additional cost to trainers and trainees in workplaces with Careerforce-supported training.
You may find it helpful because:
- Information is presented in short bursts in interesting and colourful ways.
- Most of the information is also read aloud, in the voice-over. You can choose whether to turn this feature on or not.
- There are lots of quizzes, both cartoon and picture-based. You can select your answers, and the CD-ROM gives simple feedback straight away.
- In other activities, you can type and print out your answers for future reference and, in some cases, to include towards the assessment.
- The CD-ROM is easy to navigate through. There are clear instructions in the packaging about inserting the disc and getting started. The “Help” section on the opening screen gives a quick and easy overview of how to use the disc.
- You can click to the glossary section at any point to check the meanings of words.
Changes in unit standards and qualifications in 2011
Please be aware that this CD-ROM was developed for the previous versions of Foundation Skills and Core Competencies.
CD-ROM of Educator Support Manual
Careerforce has developed a CD-ROM which contains our Educator Support Manual to assist workplaces with the delivery of the National Certificate in Community Support Services (Foundations Skills) Level 2.
The CD starts with a generic Trainers Guide which covers:
- Skills for training others
- Knowing your target audience
- Giving feedback
- Creating great training sessions
- Doing a “Google” search
- Downloading from the web
- Study skills
- Tracking learning
- Stops and rewinds
- Learning styles
- Collating evidence for assessment
- Lesson plan
- Example of possible lesson plan for 20829: Well-being and quality of life
The CD also contains specific manuals (nine in total) for each unit standard in this National Certificate. These manuals provide lesson plans, learning activities, templates and resources for the workplace Educator/Trainer to use or adapt to suit the individual needs of your organisation.
To get your copy of the Educator Support Manual CD-Rom contact your local Careerforce Workplace Advisor.
ilearn is Careerforce's online learning system. Trainee's can currently access interactive learning resources for the following topics:
- Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination
- Vision Hearing Screening
Over time learning activities for more topics will be available on ilearn.
Click on this button to go to ilearn, or visit http://ilearn.careerforce.org.nz/.