What is an Apprenticeship Partner Employer?
Apprenticeship Partner Employers provide support for training, assessment and pastoral care to apprentices enrolled in Careerforce training programmes.
Who can become an Apprenticeship Partner Employer?
Any employer can submit an expression of interest (EOI) to become a Careerforce Partner Employer using the below form. To be eligible, the applicant must meet our selection criteria.
Please note: This application process is not currently available for the disability sector. However, we are working with tāngata whaikaha and New Zealand Disability Support Network to provide a solution for this sector.
What are the responsibilities of an Apprenticeship Partner Employer?
- Have assessors with appropriate scope.
- Meet all Careerforce assessment and moderation requirements.
- Adequately onboard the apprentices into Careerforce systems (e.g. Training Agreement, MyPath/ AkaToi).
- Provide pastoral care support to enrolled apprentices.
- Meet quarterly reporting requirements (this includes an employer report on progress of apprentices and a pastoral care report).
- Report results using MyPath/Aka Toi within the timeframe agreed in accordance of their contract.
- Ensure apprentices complete the apprenticeship programme within agreed timeframes.
How can I submit an application?
To submit an application to become an Apprenticeship Partner Employer, please use the Expression of Interest form below. Please check that you meet the selection criteria below before submitting your application.
How can I ask a question or find our more?
If you have a query regarding this, please complete and submit the Expression of Interest form below and we will be in touch with you.