Education organisations need to go through a formal process with NZQA to gain consent to assess against unit standards.
To get started, organisations need the support of the relevant Standard Setting Body for the unit standards they wish to assess.
How to seek Careerforce support
1. Establish the scope of consent to assess your organisation requires. Which specific standards do you wish to assess?
2. Check that your organisation meets the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMR).
3. Contact us to request our written support of your application. Please submit the same documentation to us that you intend to submit to NZQA and show very clearly in the documentation how your education organisation will meet the relevant CMR. Please use our Consent to Assess form and attach your supporting materials.
4. Once all of this information has been received Careerforce will review your request and respond within 3 weeks.
5. You can then continue the process with NZQA.