- Casual positions available based out of New Plymouth
- Shifts available across 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Beautiful outdoors with an abundance of surf beaches, great surf cast, rock, and kayak fishing
Combine flexibility and shift variety as a casual support worker in our Pathways Team. Come enjoy the mixture of rural and urban living in Taranaki.
Pathways | Mō mātou
At Pathways, we provide community-based mental health and well-being services throughout New Zealand. While mental health is our priority, total well-being is our goal. We are all about hope and respect and providing personalised support that changes as people’s needs change.
The Benefits | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- New competitive hourly rates
- Ongoing training and support in your role and career
- Flexible work arrangements
- EAP Support Services
- Great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its purpose.
- Be part of a supportive team where work-life balance is encouraged
- Boutique cafes and restaurants, organic wineries and breweries.
- Upbeat arts scene, arts festivals like WOMAD
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
You will be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Taranaki Pathways team, based out of New Plymouth, working with Support Workers who all have the common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
Please indicate in your application which shifts you are applying for:
- Day Shifts: 7 AM - 3.30 PM; 7.30 AM - 4 PM
- Afternoon shifts: 1 PM - 7.30 PM; 3 PM - 11.30 PM
- Night shifts (8 hours awake): 11 PM - 7.30 AM
As a casual Support Worker, you will always have variety in your work. You will cover leave for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you will be based in New Plymouth, Taranaki.
- Budgeting and independent daily living skills
- Attending appointments and advocating for people.
- Medication support
- Work in a recovery-focused way
- Cleaning, cooking, or helping with everyday household tasks in preparation for transition to independent living in the community.
You | Mōu
Applications Close: Friday 26th August 2022. PLEASE NOTE: this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-Support-Worker.pdf
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for Support Workers to complete this study.
- To work in respite/acute services applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- You must be able to be flexible and available for varying shifts- including awake night shifts.
- You must hold a current full driver’s licence
- You must hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- You’re a communicator – a positive person who loves working with people
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Eleasha Coombe - Team Coach on 027 293 9283.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all our employees are vaccinated and boosted as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to this information.
Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.