- Get your foot in the door with one of the leading MH organisations in NZ
- Casual work with flexibility and variety in Christchurch
- Morning, afternoon & night shifts available 24 hours/7 days a week
We’re looking for casual support workers who are passionate about supporting people in their journey to being well.
The Benefits | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- Chance to gain a qualification - We cover the cost associated with this qualification, provide study support groups, on the job study time, and real workplace experience
- Coaching to help you grow your capabilities
- EAP support services
- Discount at Specsavers for you and your family members
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance
- Special banking treatments for Westpac customers
- A great team around you, working in an organisation that believes in its purpose
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
We’re looking for casual support workers to work in our Christchurch team. The expectation is you will work across our services as needed.
Reporting to the Team Coach, our casual roles provide cover for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available, so if you’re looking for a role with flexibility then we’d love to hear from you.
This role will always have variety and it could include things like:
- Goal setting and building confidence
- Supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills
- Attending appointments and advocating for people
- Assisting people to connect with their communities
- Medication support where required
- Liaising with clinical partners
- Supporting whai ora with their daily routine
- Maintaining the house
- Supporting people to manage their distress
- Be prepared to do whatever it takes - cleaning, cooking, gardening, helping with everyday tasks
About You | Mōu
If you don’t have any prior knowledge or experience that’s ok, we offer all our staff the opportunity to become qualified, gaining a nationally recognised Level Four Certificate in Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-Casual-Support-Worker.pdf
- Hold a full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Hold a comprehensive first aid Certificate or willing to obtain one – covering 6400, 6401 and 6402 unit standards
- You will either hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (or a recognised equivalent) or be willing to commence study towards this qualification within six months of starting with us. We offer our staff significant support to complete this study.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti Waitangi
- Applicant must be able to work flexible hours including night shifts and be able to work across all services.
This advert will close once our roles have been filled.
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all of our employees are vaccinated and boosted as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to this information
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.