The Home Coordinator leads and manages one of our residential homes based in Porirua. To be successful in this key role you will mentor and inspire our team of support staff who assist people with disabilities so they can live in an environment that ensures their individual needs and aspirations are being met.
Your day may include supporting people to plan day-to day-tasks, attending activities in the community, personal cares, domestic chores, or medication administration. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the home, ensuring the needs of others are met by maintaining a high standard of service. Your excellent communication skills and leadership capability will enable you to encourage your team to be successful in their role, providing them with the support and assistance that they need.
This is a full-time position of 80 hours per fortnight and includes weekend work.
Working Tuesday to Saturday from 6.45am through until 3.15pm.
You will need to be successful in this role:
- A relevant qualification – Level 4 National Certificate would be preferred
- Experience in either the disability or mental health fields would be an advantage
- Proven experience in successfully leading a team would be preferred
- Effective relationship building and interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a quality focus.
- A willingness to provide personal cares.
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours
- A current full New Zealand drivers license and have reliable transport
- Legal entitlement to work in New Zealan
- To take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping
This role may close earlier if the right candidate is found.