Support people in the primary health sector with daily living skills and connecting with their communities. Be part of team that makes a difference!
- Full-time, Permanent position in North Shore, Auckland
- Enjoy extra annual leave, income protection and subsidies for school holiday
- Grow your career and expand your learning by joining a progressive organisation
Pathways | Mō mātou
Creating mental health and wellness opportunities that enable people to live their dreams and flourish. At Pathways, that’s what we do; and who we are.
The Benefits | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- An extra week of annual leave after 12 months of employment
- Income Protection Insurance
- Ongoing trainings and supports in your role and career
- Subsidy for school holiday programme
- Discount at Specsavers for you and your whānau members
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance
- Special banking treatments for Westpac customers
- Be part of a supportive team where work life balance is encouraged
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways Auckland Mobile service. You will be working in a team of Support Workers.
We currently have a full-time position working Sunday – Thursday. Sunday hours: 9.30am -6.00pm, Monday-Thursday hours: 11.00am - 7.30pm. Based in Rosedale North Shore, Auckland.
- Advocate and support people to be well and thrive.
- Connect them with resources that support them in living well and assist them in building resilience
- Help people connect with their communities, building the relationships that matter most
- Foster positive change for a more positive life
- Provide medication support for our people
You | Mōu
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery and strengths focused way.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd July 2022. Please note, this role may close earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: Rachael Muir, Team Coach on 027 839 2119 if you have any further questions.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
- You must hold a current full drivers license
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for support workers to complete this study.
- Support Worker experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the primary care sector
- Community Navigation experience
- Develop relationships quickly
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all our employees are vaccinated and boosted as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to this information
Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.