Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities
- Full-time Permanent role based in Whanganui
- Enjoy extra annual leave, income protection plan and more
- Support people using Pathways’ service to live their dreams and flourish.
Pathways | Mō mātou
At Pathways, we provide community-based mental health and wellbeing services throughout New Zealand. While mental health is our priority, total wellbeing is our goal. We’re all about hope and respect and providing personalised support that changes as people’s needs change.
The Benefits | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- An extra week of annual leave after 12 months of employment
- Income Protection Insurance
- Ongoing trainings and supports in your role and career
- Subsidy for school holiday programme
- Discount at Specsavers for you and your family members
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance
- Special banking treatments for Westpac customers
- Be part of a supportive team where work life balance is encouraged
The Role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
FULL-TIME PERMANENT position available, working Friday to Monday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM in our Residential team based in Nixon Street, Whanganui.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and be working with Registered Health Professionals and Support Workers, all with a common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
- Budgeting and independent daily living skills
- Attending appointments and advocating for people.
- Medication support
- Work in a recovery-focused way
- Cleaning, cooking, or helping with everyday household tasks in preparation for transition to independent living in the community.
You | Mōu
Applications Close: Sunday 10th July 2022. PLEASE NOTE: this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-Support-Worker.pdf
- You must hold a current full driver’s licence
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offer significant support for support workers to complete this study.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the primary care sector
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Faye Palmer, Team Coach, 027 403 6769 if you have any further questions
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all our employees are vaccinated and boosted as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to this information
Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.