Company/Organisation Name:Idea Services
About the Company/Organisation
Our services are founded on IHC’s absolute commitment to the people we support and their families/whanau to have a good life. IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, including the provision of housing and tenancy services.
How to Apply
To find out more about being a Support Worker with IDEA Services, please visit our ‘Join our Support Crew’ page.
You are reading this advert because you are looking for a career in the disability sector where you can help people make positive changes in their lives. You want to support their goals, dreams and ambitions and promote independence through active support.
You are looking for stimulating and meaningful work where you can be creative and make every day interesting in ways that are important to others. Part of your day may include showering, administering medication, and dealing with challenging behaviour, but the rewards are amazing. Every day is different, and you need to have a flexible approach with the right attitude. So why apply for this role? Well, this is not your typical desk job.
Here you will be able to make a difference in other people's lives by empowering them to achieve their day-to-day goals and participate in daily activities - things that we often take for granted. That is an awesome thing to be able to do.
To find out more about being a Support Worker with IDEA Services, please visit our 'Join our Support Crew' page.
What's on offer?
* Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
* Salary based on qualifications with a clear salary progression as you learn
* Ongoing support to achieve your National certificates in Health and Wellbeing
* Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years' service
* 'Refer a friend' Bonus programme * FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support
* $22.70- $28.25 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications What will you bring?
* A 'can-do attitude' with loads of energy
* Resilience and perseverance
* The willingness to learn * Ideally, some experience in the disability sector but not necessary as full training and orientation will be provided Requirements: * Flexibility to work across a rotating fortnightly roster, including some weekends and sleepovers
* Have a Full NZ drivers licence or be willing to work towards obtaining this
* Pass a full New Zealand Police check IDEA Services is New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities. We support adults of all ages to live in their own homes and enjoy life as a member of their community.
Read and follow the instructions on how to apply for this job. We do not accept applications on behalf of the employer. Only contact the employer if you have questions that are not specified in the job description.
Contact the employer if you have questions about the role that isn’t otherwise stated in the job post. Otherwise, please follow the instructions on how to apply for this job.