We are looking for enthusiastic and resilient individuals to join the RIDSAS team in Porirua.
You will work alongside people with intellectual disabilities and support them through their rehabilitation journey.
IHC's Regional Intellectual Disability Supported Accommodation Service (RIDSAS), is contracted by the Ministry of Health to provide rehabilitation services for people with high and complex needs, who may have had contact with the justice system. We provide a 24/7 supervised rehabilitation service that offers clinical support, vocational opportunities and life skills programmes.
RIDSAS has a strong evidenced based clinical pathway, designed specifically to guide the journey for people within the service, to be able lead a safe and meaningful life in the community. The complexities of this group require the services to be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of people as they are supported through their rehabilitation.
We are looking for someone to join our RIDSAS team as a full-time Support Worker
in a Planned Leave Cover (PLC) role. Our PLC roles cover staff leave, so they do not have fixed shifts and they work across different facilities in the area. Your fortnightly roster will vary, but you are guaranteed at least 65 hours per fortnight. Shifts will include 8am-3pm and 3pm-11pm; night shifts may be required on occasion.
In this role you will:
- Work in partnership with people to make positive changes in their lives through learning new skills and having new experiences
- Support people to develop supportive relationships with family and their community
- Support people to engage or connect with their whakapapa, whānau, Hapū, Iwi and Marae
- Work in a way that is consistent with Tangata Tiriti
- Encourage people to have a voice and be heard
- Manage risk and maintain safety while support the rehabilitation of people with high and complex needs in compliance with IDCC&R Act 2003
What we offer you:
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- $22.49 - $28.25 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
- IDEA Services will support you and pay costs towards completion of the Level 2 and Level 3 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing qualifications
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
- "Refer a friend" Bonus programme
- Free employee Assistance programme service anytime you might need counselling support
Ideally, you will have some experience in the health and disability sector, but if not, we would still love to hear from you if this is a career you want to pursue and you have the right 'can-do' attitude.
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Flexibility to work across a varying fortnightly roster, including weekends (possible night shifts)
- You will need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations as you move between facilities
- Good written and verbal communication
- Be willing to engage with and complete the National Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 2 to 4)
- Have a full NZ drivers' licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand police clearance (Vulnerable Children's Act 2014)
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
When requested, you must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination against COVID-19, as mandated by the government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.