- The West/Central Auckland area includes - Mount Eden, New Lynn, Swanson, Henderson, Massey
- 65 hours per fortnight
- Rostered shifts - includes day, evening, sleepover and weekend shifts
supports people with intellectual disabilities to enjoy great lives as part of their communities. If you are looking for a job where you can build a long-term career and where no two days are the same, this is the job for you!
We are looking for someone to join our West/Central Auckland team as a full-time Support Worker in a Planned Leave Cover (PLC) role. Our PLC roles cover staff leave, so they do not have a fixed roster and will work in different facilities across the West Auckland area. Your fortnightly roster will vary, but you are guaranteed at least 65 hours per fortnight and one weekend off per fortnight. This role requires you to have flexibility to work in different shifts, including weekends, sleepovers and split shifts.
This is stimulating and meaningful work where you can be creative and make every day interesting in ways that are important to others. You will support people to have greater independence, achieve their goals and participate in the activities they enjoy. The role can include supporting people with personal care, household management, learning new skills and developing community networks. You will also transport and support people out in the community to attend appointments and pursue their interests.
To find out more about being a Support Worker with IDEA Services, please visit our 'Join our Support Crew'
What's on offer?
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- $22.49 - $28.25 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
- IDEA Services will support you and pay costs towards completion of the Level 2 and Level 3 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing qualifications
- Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years' service.
- 'Refer a friend' Bonus programme
- FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support
What will you need?
Ideally, you will have some experience in the health and disability sector, but if not, we would still love to hear from you if this is a career you want to pursue and you have the right 'can-do' attitude. Full training and orientation will be provided.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and sleepover shifts
- Resilience and perseverance
- A calm nature and confidence to work with challenging behaviours
- Willingness to learn new skills and gain qualifications as you work
- Comfortable using computers and tablets daily
- Good written and verbal communication
- Have a Full NZ drivers' licence or be able to gain it within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand Police check
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
When requested, you must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination against COVID-19, as mandated by the government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.