- Permanent, full time positions available
- Rostered shifts - flexibility for day, evening and sleepover shifts needed
supports people with intellectual disabilities to enjoy great lives as part of their communities. If you are looking for a job where you can build a long-term career and where no two days are the same, this is the job for you!
This is stimulating and meaningful work where you can be creative and make every day interesting in ways that are important to others. No one is too disabled to be supported in taking an active role in their life. Your role will be to help them gain that independence so that they can make their own choices, be part of their community, and live a fulfilling life.
The role can include supporting people with personal care, household management, learning new skills and developing community networks. You will also transport and support people out in the community to attend appointments and pursue their interests.
To find out more about being a Support Worker with IDEA Services, please visit our 'Join our Support Crew'
What's on offer?
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- $22.49 - $28.25 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
- IDEA Services will support you and pay costs towards completion of the Level 2 and Level 3 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing qualifications
- Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years' service.
- 'Refer a friend' Bonus programme
- FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support
What will you need?
Ideally, you will have some experience in the health and disability sector, but if not, we would still love to hear from you if this is a career you want to pursue and you have the right 'can-do' attitude. Full training and orientation will be provided.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
When requested, you must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination against COVID-19, as mandated by the government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and sleepover shifts
- Resilience and perseverance
- A calm nature and confidence to work with challenging behaviours
- Willingness to learn new skills and gain qualifications as you work
- Comfortable using computers and tablets daily
- Good written and verbal communication
- You will need to be physically fit to help with physical support needs
- Have a Full NZ drivers' licence or be able to gain it within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand Police check
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand