During the Mental Health & Addiction (MH&S) Pay Equity settlement discussions, it became apparent that there was a group of support workers who are both highly qualified and highly experienced, but yet do not qualify for pay equity as their qualification has been assessed as not equivalent.
Accordingly, to achieve the remuneration benefits of pay equity, they need to attain the actual qualification (via Careerforce, or any other Health & Wellbeing Level 4 programme provider).
Careerforce has created a modified RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) process, which via recognition of both their qualification and their relevant experience, will result in the awarding of the actual Health & Wellbeing level 4 qualification.
This assessment solution considers the combination of:
- Higher level qualifications that broadly (but not specifically) cover the knowledge requirements of the Health & Wellbeing level 4 qualification
- The support workers skills and competencies via an evidence based employer attestation
This process is exclusively available for eligible MH&A support workers, and is available until 30 June 2019.
Criteria for MH&A Support Workers to gain Level 4 Qualification
- The applicant must have first had their qualification assessed for equivalence
- Applicant must have the support of their employer
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years current practical applied experience
- Applicant must have a minimum Level 7 qualification (which has been assessed prior as not equivalent for pay equity purposes)
Costs & Timeframes
This workplace assessment package, and the qualification, will be provided at zero cost to employers/support workers who meet the eligibility criteria, until 30 June 2019.
It is difficult to forecast timeframes for the awarding of the qualification via this process, as it is very dependent upon the number of applications received. Most importantly however, it is dependent upon the completeness of the applications received, and the thoroughness of the employer attestation document.
Applicants need to provide:
- Completed Training Agreement with “NZC in Mental Health & Addiction Support, Level 4” specified as the qualification title.
- Completed Employer Attestation Template
- Academic transcripts plus certificates
- Curriculum Vitae (detailing relevant work experience)
- Current job description
Please send the complete package of material to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “RPL Application for MH&A”
N.B. The application cannot and will not be processed without all requested documentation being provided.
Help & Support
For any help and support, please email email@example.com