The Apprenticeship in Healthcare Assistance for Aged Care with a context in Palliative Care gives staff foundational and specialist skills to provide person-centred care to a person who has life-limiting illness.
Employers have flexibility to customise parts of the apprenticeship programme to meet their own unique workplace needs.
This level 4 programme leads to the awarding of the following qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) with a strand in Health Assistance and a context in Palliative Care [Ref:2470-1].
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Advanced Support) (Level 4) with a context in Palliative Care [Ref:2779-1].
The programme includes developing the following core competencies:
- recognising and responding to signs of vulnerability and abuse.
- demonstrating ethical and professional behaviour.
- providing person-centred care under the direction and delegation of a health professional.
- recognising and responding to change.
- working collaboratively to support a person needing palliative care.
- implementing person-centred approaches to support a person with life-limiting illness.
- taking a leadership role in a health or wellbeing setting.
Download the programme brochure
Visit our Apprenticeship pages to learn more about health and wellbeing apprenticeships.
Enrolment in this programme is FREE
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)
Employers may also qualify for the Apprenticeship Boost which provides a wage subsidy for new and existing apprentices in their first two years of training, encouraging employers to retain their current apprentices, and to take on new apprentices. Find out more