Qualification and Programme overview
This programme aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to support children and young people who cannot live with their own parents.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Recognising and responding to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Describing laws relevant to whānau/family and foster care.
- Demonstrating ethical and professional behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Supporting the wellbeing and development of children who cannot live with their own parents.
- Describing risk factors and indicators of child abuse.
- Describing aspects of human development theory.
- Demonstrating knowledge of advocacy and self-advocacy.
- Describing culturally safe Māori operating principles and values.