Qualification and programme overview
This new leadership and management programme is for leaders and managers with direct reports and strategic management responsibilities.
The programme has been developed specifically for those working in the health, mental health, aged support, disability, social services, youth work, cleaning and urban pest management sectors and will recognise current knowledge and skills that are required to contribute to the achievement of an organisation’s strategic objectives.
This programme was developed in direct response to demand from the sectors that Careerforce represents. It was developed in consultation with the sector and reflects the skills, knowledge and competencies that the sector identified as required.
The programme is designed to assess the following skills, knowledge and competencies and how the manager applies these to their role.
• Motivating and developing self and others towards improving employee engagement and productivity.
• Determining and developing your organisation’s strategic objectives, applying the principles and practices of operations, management accounting, sales/marketing, HR and risk management.
• Contributing at strategic levels to innovation and organisational change.
• Researching, evaluating and communicating information for organisational performance.
• Developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with stakeholders.
• Applying analytical and problem solving skills to resolve complex situations and challenges.
• Modelling professional, ethical and socially and culturally appropriate behaviour.
• Developing strategies for managing the impact of external environments on your organisation.
• Analysing how the origin and nature of the bi-cultural partnership (as embedded in the Treaty of Waitangi) can be applied to business activities and relationships.
• Managing and leading people to enable them to achieve personal and organisational goals.
• Leading and implementing change projects and change.
• Analysing and applying financial information to make informed decisions and forecasts.
Please have a read through of the programme suitability and expected commitment before filling in an EOI.