Moderation is a quality assurance process designed to achieve two outcomes: continuous improvement in assessment practice, and consistency of assessment judgements.
Moderation is an assessor requirement
Moderation helps to ensure current, consistent, reliable, authentic, valid and sufficient evidence is used by assessors to make assessment decisions across all sectors, in all situations. Moderation is managed by the Careerforce National Moderators.
All Careerforce Registered Assessors are required to be actively assessing and participate in annual moderation in order to meet the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMR).
Moderation is also completed as part of our Assessor & Moderation Hub – Wānanga Mātauranga workshops, which we encourage you to attend. Find workshop dates in your local area.
Please supply three assessment samples
We require three assessment samples for moderation each year. Please select any three samples of an individual unit standard that you have assessed this year.
Please note: Our moderation team may request additional random samples throughout the year.
What to include on your form
Paper-Based Assessment Samples:
- Trainee assessments, assessment results pages showing trainee and assessor details, and the result.
- All verification and observation forms.
- All other relevant evidence.
- Copies of the assessor guide if the assessments are not Careerforce products.
To avoid delays, please ensure that all photocopying is readable, preferably in colour, and that all pages have been included in their original order.
Aka Toi Assessment Samples:
- You do not need to include anything unless there is any evidence that has not been attached/noted in the task on Aka Toi.
Moderation Reports will be emailed to you once completed.
All materials provided are protected and remain confidential.