As the Industry Training Organisation (ITO) for the health, wellbeing, social and community and hygiene sectors, we support workplaces all around New Zealand to run workplace training programmes for their staff.
The result: Those staff can achieve nationally recognised New Zealand qualifications through on-the-job training. And we know that a qualified and competent workforce improves the health and wellbeing of everyday New Zealanders.
Our employer-led training model is built on quality and sustainability. Careerforce training is embedded in everyday workplace activities. Employers support trainees to learn on-the-job and assessment is carried out by assessors within the workplace.
Trainees gain relevant, practical qualifications in a learning environment they feel comfortable in. Training increases confidence and job satisfaction, resulting in improved employee attraction and retention.
Ultimately workplace training leads to a higher quality of professional care in our community, improving health and well-being outcomes for Aotearoa.
Careerforce supported trainees need to be working or volunteering within the health, mental health, aged-care, disability, social services, youth work, cleaning or urban pest management professions.
We will help you determine which qualifications are right for your workforce and talk you through the steps to set up training and how we can help.
1) Employers identify possible assessors in the workplace and send applications to Careerforce.
- Assessors undertake a two day assessor training course.
- They must also complete the required unit standards before assessing trainees.
2) Careerforce helps employers design a training plan for their workplace.
- Trainees are enrolled by filling out a training agreement with the employer.
- Trainees complete a short literacy assessment.
3) Trainees are supported by their workplace and complete their assessments.
- Assessment results are registered with Careerforce.
- Trainees complete a post-training literacy assessment to identify progress made as a result of training.
- Trainees are awarded their qualification.