The Mental Health Support Workers Training Grant is funded by the Ministry of Health to support training costs. Trainees enrolled in a certificate in Mental Health (details listed below) can receive a maximum of $2,000 and diploma trainees can receive up to a maximum of $2,500.
Applications for this grant are on-hold for 2020 for any student who started their programme of study after July 2020, as training fees in relation to mental health are currently covered by the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund.
Mental Health related qualifications:
- An NZQA approved and registered Certificate or Diploma when it relates to Mental Health and Addiction Support, for the following qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Health & Wellbeing (Level 4) when it relates to Mental Health and Addiction Support
- New Zealand Certificate in Health & Wellbeing (Peer Support) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Diploma in Health and Wellbeing (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 5)*
- New Zealand Diploma in Addiction Studies (Applied) (Level 6)
*Applicants enrolled in the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) Level 5 must be already working in a leadership and management role with a Mental Health and Addiction service provider. A placement in a mental health service provider is not sufficient.