Developed by experts – to meet the needs of the Industry
New trainees can now enrol with Careerforce for the National Certificate in Urban Pest Management (Level 2). Careerforce is excited to be working with PMANZ (Pest Management Association of NZ) and Pacific International to deliver this new revised programme.
It’s been developed by people with long term industry experience in pest management and was designed to meet industry needs. The programme is delivered through the workplace by Pacific International Technical Division with support from Careerforce.
This is an entry level qualification that recognises the knowledge and skills of workers in the urban pest management sector. The qualification is designed to provide administration skills as well as the broad skills and knowledge required in urban pest management roles.
The qualification covers the following topics:
• Health and safety in the workplace
• Risk assessment and management
• Pesticide and equipment storage and handling
• Identification of insect, spider and vertebrate pests
• Develop an integrated approach to pest management (IPM)
• Working in a regulated environment and workplace
• Industry documentation and completion
• Customer service and communication
(Optional strands such as Fumigation are available subject to demand)
We are pleased to be in a position to offer this revised programme and thank you for your patience during its development.
For an expression of interest form, please download the form here
Updated 20 October 2014