Aka Toi is Careerforce’s online learning and assessment platform
Many Careerforce programmes are available using Aka Toi. Access to Aka Toi learning and assessment resources is free to trainees enrolled in a Careerforce programme.
Aka Toi is easy to use and can be accessed anywhere, anytime with an internet connection. The learning resources are self paced, bite sized, and will work on desktops, tablets and smart phones.
- As soon as trainees and assessors login to Aka Toi, they’ll be offered an automatic tour of the screens they visit. They will be able to replay the tours whenever they want.
- There is a simplified, logical dashboard that makes what the user needs to do clear and accessible.
- Finding ‘help’ is easy.
- Records of learning are easy to find.
- There are some ‘just in time’ support options.
- Trainees won’t be able to re-attempt until the assessor has fully marked their submission.
- There is more clarity for those users who are both an assessor and a trainee.
- Seeing the assessments that are ready to mark is straightforward.
- It’s easy for your assessors to access the modules they have scope to assess.
- Assessors can enjoy the simplicity of being able to view, upload evidence, mark and not worry about submitting results – the system will do it for you!
Your trainees and assessors can expect to see more improvements over 2022 as we further improve the user experience.
This video outlines the benefits of Aka Toi and show how easy it is for your trainees and assessors to navigate the learning and assessment processes. The videos for trainees is also available to users arriving at the Aka Toi login screen.
Why Aka Toi?
Aka Toi translates as Vine of Knowledge. According to Māori legend, baskets of knowledge were held up in the high heavens, and hanging from these heavens were vines. Tāne successfully climbed the sacred vine, Toi Huarewa, and retrieved these baskets of knowledge.
Click here if you want to read more about the legend of Tāne.
Aka Toi is accessed from this website in the usual place on the top right or via akatoi.careerforce.org.nz