Aka Toi is Careerforce’s online learning and assessment platform
Many Careerforce programmes are available using Aka Toi. Access to Aka Toi learning and assessment resources is free to trainees enrolled in a Careerforce programme.
Aka Toi is easy to use and can be accessed anywhere, anytime with an internet connection. The learning resources are self paced, bite sized, and will work on desktops, tablets and smart phones.
- As soon as you login to Aka Toi you’ll be offered an automatic tour of the screens you visit. You can replay the tours whenever you want.
- The dashboard is neat and tidy. You see progress for just the modules you’re working on.
- Finding ‘help’ is easy.
- You can jump to your Record of Learning for modules you have already completed.
- It’s easy to find the last module you accessed.
- There are some ‘just in time’ support options.
You can expect to see improvements over 2022 as we further improve the user experience.
This video outlines the benefits of Aka Toi and shows how easy it is for you to navigate the learning and assessment processes. The video is also available to anyone arriving at the
Aka Toi login screen.
Why Aka Toi?
Aka Toi translates as Vine of Knowledge. According to Māori legend, baskets of knowledge were held up in the high heavens, and hanging from these heavens were vines. Tāne successfully climbed the sacred vine, Toi Huarewa, and retrieved these baskets of knowledge.
Click here if you want to read more about the legend of Tāne.
Aka Toi is accessed from this website in the usual place on the top right or via akatoi.careerforce.org.nz
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.