Careerforce’s MyPath makes way for Aka Toi
You will see some exciting changes to the MyPath online learning platform. One key aspect is a name change from MyPath to Aka Toi (more about the new name below).
We know that the user experience with MyPath had scope for improvement. As a result, we’ve gathered your feedback and made some significant improvements to your experience as a trainee. Here are some examples:
- As soon as you login to Aka Toi you’ll be offered an automatic tour of the screens you visit. You can replay the tours whenever you want.
- The dashboard is neat and tidy. You see progress for just the modules you’re working on.
- Finding ‘help’ is easier and more consistent with other platforms.
- You can jump to your Record of Learning for modules you have already completed.
- It’s easier to find the last module you accessed.
- There’s an increase in ‘just in time’ support options
These changes are just the beginning. You can expect to see more improvements over 2019 as we further improve the user experience.
This video outlines the benefits of Aka Toi and shows how easy it is for you to navigate the learning and assessment processes. The video is also available to anyone arriving at the
Aka Toi login screen.
Why Aka Toi?
Aka Toi replaces MyPath as the Careerforce online learning and assessment platform.
Aka Toi translates as Vine of Knowledge. According to Māori legend, baskets of knowledge were held up in the high heavens, and hanging from these heavens were vines. Tāne successfully climbed the sacred vine, Toi Huarewa, and retrieved these baskets of knowledge.
Click here if you want to read more about the legend of Tāne.
As with MyPath, Aka Toi is accessed from this website the usual place. The URL for Aka Toi is akatoi.careerforce.org.nz
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The ilearn website has closed
Learning resources hosted on ilearn have moved across to other Careerforce platforms. Some resources have been transferred to Aka Toi the Careerforce online learning and assessment platform, and some to the Careerforce Resource Library. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.