Meet your future workforce
Open your door to support young people into a career in the health & wellbeing, and social & community sectors by becoming a Gateway employer.
Gateway is a work placement initiative for senior school students (Year 11 to 13) funded by the Tertiary Education Commission.
Small Steps Gateway and Full Vocational Pathways are Careerforce’s secondary school programmes to introduce students to a variety of career options and provide
them with an opportunity to access workplace learning. Students’ learning is assessed in the workplace and they can achieve credits on the New Zealand Qualifications
Framework (NZQF) towards their National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA).
Being a Gateway Employer Benefits your Organisation
• Providing an opportunity to meet potential future employees that can hit the ground running.
• Enabling your existing staff to become mentors, trainers and leaders.
• Raising your brand profile within your local community.
• Increasing the diversity within your workforce.
• Supporting young people into jobs as part of your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Plus, young people can bring energy and fresh new ideas into your workplace!
Get in touch with one of our Vocational Pathways Advisors at 0800 277 486 or email: