Residential Limited Credit Programme (Dementia) (Level 4)
Careerforce continues to offer the Dementia LCP and will accept enrolments until 30 June 2018. Anyone enrolled in this LCP must complete all the requirements by 31 December 2018.
This limited credit programme (LCP) consists of four unit standards and focuses on the essential skills, knowledge and attitudes required to support a person with dementia in a residential facility.
This programme supports care-givers working in or entering the dementia residential field and represents the essential knowledge and skills required for working with residents affected by dementia.
Learning and assessment for this qualification occurs in the workplace.
The Dementia training LCP covers the following topics:
- knowledge of dementia and communicating with a person with dementia.
- providing person-centred care to a person living with dementia.
- knowledge of the effects of dementia and how to manage them.
- supporting a person with dementia when their behaviour presents challenges.
This programme is open for enrolment until 30 June 2018.
To enrol in the dementia LCP, the trainee must meet the following requirements:
- be employed as a support worker in a health, disability or aged support organisation.
- have one of the following residency statuses:
- New Zealand citizen (including Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau citizens).
- New Zealand permanent resident.
- New Zealand work permit/work visa.
- Australian citizen.
- hold refugee status in New Zealand.
Learning resources and assessments
Learning resources and assessments can be purchased from our Shop. Assessments can also be downloaded for free from there.
For more information on the Dementia limited credit programme, download a PDF of our qualification information brochure. If you have any questions, please contact us.