Qualification and programme overview
This qualification will provide the cleaning sector with a workforce that can deliver, guide and promote safe and high-quality cleaning services. This is designed for experienced cleaners working in commercial, residential, health and domestic situations. Graduates will be awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Cleaning (Level 3) (Specialist Cleaning).
All programmes incorporate units of the general programme plus specific units from one of five specialist areas:
- Contagion and specialised infection control specialist cleaning programme to control the spread of infection and prevent contamination in the workplace.
- Carpet and textiles specialist cleaning programme to clean and rehabilitate water-affected carpet for clients.
- Hard floor surfaces specialist cleaning programme to clean, maintain and restore hard floor surfaces.
- Food production specialist cleaning programme to prevent infection and cross-contamination and apply safe cleaning practices.
- High risk environments specialist cleaning programme to carry out specialist cleaning and restoration in high-risk environments including a crime scene, biohazard disposal, builder’s clean-up, smoke and fire-damaged interiors, flood-damaged environments, hoarded properties, industrial cleaning or a trauma scene.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)