Qualification and Programme Overview
This programme aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to support and empower people in home and community settings.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Recognising and responding to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Demonstrating ethical and professional behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Providing person-centred support to maximise independence.
- Recognising and responding to changes in people.
Palliative Care Assessment Package
Careerforce, with support from Hospice New Zealand has developed an assessment package to recognise the competency of the workforce providing palliative and end of life care.
Support workers or health professionals who attended the Hospice New Zealand Fundamentals of Palliative Care programme or those working in a palliative care setting who want to gain recognition for their work may get assessed and credentialised through us.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)