- Work within the Health and Wellbeing Sectors
- We offer flexible working, great professional development and birthday leave
- Work with a great team!
This role is being advertised as a secondment across the Te Pūkenga network. If you are a part of the Te Pūkenga network and are interested in applying, we encourage you to talk to your direct manager and the People, Culture & Wellbeing team within your division.
This role provides leadership and support to the team of Staff Assessors (Leadership & Management), coordinating and managing a balanced workload. This also involves assessing the work of trainees completing Leadership & Management qualifications, providing them with feedback and support throughout their learning journey.
What Careerforce does
Careerforce is a business division of Te Pūkenga – NZ Institute of Skills and Technology. We support employers across New Zealand to run workplace training programmes for the health, mental health, aged care, disability, social services, youth work, cleaning, and pest management sectors. We provide quality accessible and flexible programmes that allow staff to achieve nationally recognised qualifications on the job.
Why work for Careerforce?
We are a passionate team who really cares about improving the health and wellbeing of New Zealander’s through workforce development. We are looking for someone that shares our passion and fits with our character and values.
Investing in our employees is important to us. We offer great professional development opportunities, flexible working, and you get to treat yourself on your birthday with the day off on us!
Where will you be based?
We have offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, and applications will be accepted from throughout the country. Most of the work with trainees is completed virtually, so there is flexibility for those wanting to work from home. There may be a need for 2–3-day trips per month within your territory, and the occasional overnight stay may be required.
– Leading and managing the Staff Assessors (Leadership & Management) team.
– Building, developing, and growing internal and external business stakeholder relationships vital to the success of the Staff Assessors (Leadership & Management) team.
– Developing, implementing, and maintaining an annual plan for the Staff Assessors (Leadership & Management) team to meet the operational business needs of Careerforce.
– Providing trainees with constructive, detailed, and timely feedback (both oral and written) that enhances their continuing development and progress.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
– Understands the wider Health and Wellbeing industry in the New Zealand context.
– Is experienced in conducting, evaluating, or overseeing assessment practices.
– Is knowledgeable of the role and function of the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC), NZQA, TITOs, Workforce Development Councils (WDCs) and Careerforce.
– Demonstrates a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
– Is committed to developing their understanding of Te ao Māori.
You will also need to demonstrate the following:
– An adult education qualification (at Level 5 or 6) or else experience that demonstrates equivalent knowledge and skills.
– At least 3 years’ experience of assessing the Leadership & Management – Level 5 qualification.
– Proven experience in a leadership role.
– A clean full New Zealand Driver Licence.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch!
Enquiries can be directed to:
Damon Harrison, Manager Moderation & Assessment Practice
Please apply for this role via email@example.com, by emailing through your CV and Cover Letter, telling us how your skills and experience match this role, and why you want to work with us at Careerforce.
Applications close Monday, 22 May 2023 at 10am.