Qualification and Programme Overview
This qualification is aimed at recognising the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred support in the health and wellbeing sectors. The programme aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to provide care under the direction and delegation of a health professional in a range of contexts including aged residential, acute, primary and rehabilitative care.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Observing and responding to changes in people in a health and wellbeing setting.
- Recognising and responding to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of ethical and professional behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Providing person-centred support to maximise independence.
Palliative Care Assessment Package
Careerforce, with support from Hospice New Zealand has developed an assessment package to recognise the competency of the workforce providing palliative and end of life care.
Support workers or health professionals who attended the Hospice New Zealand Fundamentals of Palliative Care programme or those working in a palliative care setting who want to gain recognition for their work may get assessed and credentialised through us.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)