Have you always had a passion for healthcare and supporting people with disabilities? Here is a unique opportunity to extend yourself and develop new skills, all whilst enjoying the countryside.
We are seeking 3x support workers to care for a young man with cerebral palsy who lives on a lifestyle block north of Paeroa. There are a number of shifts available ranging from day time through to sleepovers. There is an opportunity to reside within the home.
About the role:
- To assist with personal cares
- Assisting this young man to enjoy the outdoors / farm
- Meal preparation
- Sleep over support
Your approach should include an understanding of how to make it easier for people to live good lives of their own choosing, in communities. Assist them to truly value who they are what they have to offer.
To be successful in this role:
- Must hold a full driver's licence.
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Be flexible and reliable.
- Have passion and desire to support a young man live independently within the community.
- Applicants for this position need to have current work visa/student visa or NZ residency.
This role offers:
- On the job training, up-skill and on-going support
- An opportunity to live and work on a lifestyle block / farm
- Accommodation is also available