Careerforce is reviewing two unit standards that are currently listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards (DAS) in the Whānau ora and Community Support domain.
We invite stakeholders and programme providers to provide feedback on the revised unit standards.
If your organisation wishes to comment on the proposed amended units, please reply to ProductFeedback@Careerforce.org.nz before the close of business on Friday 28 February 2020.
The following changes have been made:
- References to legislation, references, and definitions have been updated where necessary;
- Edits have been made to terminology and wording for greater clarity in both unit standards;
- Unit standard 26802 has a suggested new outcome (Outcome 4 – The Health Care Worker demonstrates her/his specific work which supports breastfeeding in a hospital or in the community);
- Credit weighting for both standards will remain as is.
- The last date for assessment using the current versions of these standards will be 31 December 2021.
Select the unit standard titles to read the revised unit standards.
|26801||Describe the benefits of breastfeeding, available support services, and Baby Friendly Initiatives||3||3|
|23802||Describe information, interactions, and strategies to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding||3||3|