Qualification and programme overview
This qualification is delivered as an apprenticeship that is well-supported and resourced with a team of Apprenticeship Advisors providing pastoral care and support.
The Apprenticeship in Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support gives your staff the training they need to support the rehabilitation of a person after a brain injury.
Employees will learn the tools and strategies to help the people they support, their family and whānau to maximise independence and participate in life roles.
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support apprenticeship programme includes developing the following core competencies:
- Developing relationships and supporting the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with health professionals to support the health and wellbeing of a person with rehabilitation potential.
- Actively contributing to a culture of professionalism, safety and quality in your workplace.
- Providing personal and/or peer leadership in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Working alongside people, family and/or whānau in a rehabilitation setting to maximise their independence and achieve their rehabilitation goals.
Visit our Apprenticeship pages to learn more about health and wellbeing apprenticeships.