Qualification and programme overview
This qualification is delivered as an apprenticeship that is well-supported and resourced with a team of Apprenticeship Advisors providing pastoral care and support.
The Apprenticeship in Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support gives your staff the training they need to support the rehabilitation of a person after a brain injury.
Employees will learn the tools and strategies to help the people they support, their family and whānau to maximise independence and participate in life roles.
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support apprenticeship programme includes developing the following core competencies:
- Developing relationships and supporting the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with health professionals to support the health and wellbeing of a person living with a brain injury.
- Actively contributing to a culture of professionalism, safety and quality in your workplace.
- Providing personal and/or peer leadership in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Working alongside people, family and/or whānau in a rehabilitation setting to maximise their independence and achieve their rehabilitation goals.
How is this programme delivered?
This Careerforce apprenticeship is a well supported, workplace training programme. Whilst the learning at this level is self directed, a team of dedicated Apprenticeship Advisors provide pastoral care and support.
How long is the programme?
The programme should take between 18 and 24 months.
Watch the short video to see why Mark loves his role and his apprenticeship learning journey
What does this programme cost?
Enrolment is this programme is FREE.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)
Funding to support your business
Employers may also qualify for the Apprenticeship Boost which provides a wage subsidy for new and existing apprentices in their first two years of training, encouraging employers to retain their current apprentices, and to take on new apprentices. Find out more
Do you need more information?
Visit our Apprenticeship pages to learn more about health and wellbeing apprenticeships.