This apprenticeship programme leads to the awarding of the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 4) Rehabilitation Support, Brain Injury strand qualification. It is well-supported and resourced with a team of Apprenticeship Advisors providing pastoral care and support.
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support apprenticeship programme gives your staff the training they need to work alongside people living with or rehabilitating from a brain injury.
Apprentices will learn the tools and strategies to help maximise the independence of the people they support, help achieve their rehabilitation goals, help them live the best life possible, and support their family and whānau.
- Working collaboratively with health and wellbeing professionals and others to support a person to rehabilitate and/or live the best life possible.
- Demonstrating a knowledge of kawa and tikanga and the ability to relate the unique place Māori have as tangata whenua in Aotearoa in their role.
- Actively contributing to a culture of professionalism, safety, and quality in your workplace.
- Providing leadership and/or education or training support in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Working alongside people, and/or their natural supports, family and/or whānau in a supportive and/or rehabilitation setting to maximise their independence and achieve their rehabilitation goals.
- Applying relevant skills and knowledge to support a person living with or undertaking rehabilitation from brain injury.
Download qualification brochure
Watch the short video to see why Mark loves his role and his apprenticeship learning journey.
Funding to support your business
Several grants and funding options are available to help meet the costs of attaining Careerforce qualifications. Employers may also qualify for the Apprenticeship Boost which provides a wage subsidy for new and existing apprentices in their first two years of training, encouraging employers to retain their current apprentices, and to take on new apprentices.
You can view these options at careerforce.org.nz/fees-funding