This programme develops the skills and knowledge needed to support dentists with quality patient care and the running of a dental practice. This programme of industry training leads to the award of the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) (Health Assistance Strand).
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Assisting dentists with oral healthcare procedures.
- Preparing equipment and instruments required for oral healthcare procedures, including sterilisation procedures.
- Describing tooth notation and anatomy, dental caries, periodontal disease and chart teeth and restorations.
- Performing clerical and administrative duties.
- Applying professional and ethical behaviour.
- Assisting and preparing patients for treatment.
- Applying infection prevention and control processes and procedures.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)