Qualification and Programme Overview
This programme aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to undertake the vision and hearing screening of children in the healthcare services sector.
Following sector input, and to reflect changes in the reviewed New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 3 qualification, this programme has changed from 60 to 72 credits. The expected duration has also changed from 10 to 12 months. All training agreements will now be enrolled into the new 72 credit programme.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of communication process theory.
- Describing hearing, visual system and vision impairment.
- Recognising and responding to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Recording, interpreting and explaining vision and hearing screening results.
- Carrying out vision and hearing screening tests.
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour.