Qualification and programme overview
This programme aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to undertake the vision and hearing screening of children
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of communication process theory.
- Describing hearing, visual system and vision impairment.
- Recognising and responding to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Recording, interpreting and explaining vision and hearing screening results.
- Carrying out vision and hearing screening tests.
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)