Qualification and programme overview
This youth work qualification is targeted at new or potential entrants into the youth work sector, including those currently working with youth who would benefit from recognition of their skills in the workplace, and provides a pathway for entry into careers in the youth development sector.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
Section one: Culture and ethics
- Describing culturally safe Māori operating principles and values.
- Describing the principles, aims and goals of the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa.
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting.
Section two: Connecting with young people
- Describing selected aspects of human development theory in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Profiling youth in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Working with a young person as a youth worker in the youth development sector.
- Describing group work and leadership in youth work in the youth development sector.
Section three: Youth work project
- Describing knowledge of risk management planning in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Helping plan, deliver, implement and evaluate a youth development project in the youth development sector.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)