Qualification and programme overview
This youth work qualification is targeted at new or potential entrants into the youth work sector, including those currently working with youth who would benefit from recognition of their skills in the workplace, and provides a pathway for entry into careers in the youth development sector.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Applying Māori values and evaluating their application, when supporting tangata whai ora in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Demonstrating the use of Mana Taiohi principles in youth work to enhance mana in a young person.
- Demonstrating and applying knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Describing selected aspects of human development theory in a health or wellbeing setting.
- Profiling youth in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Working with a young person as a Youth Worker in the youth-development sector.
- Describing group work and leadership in youth work in the youth-development sector.
- Describing Te Tiriti o Waitangi, the Treaty of Waitangi, and a bi-cultural approach in a health and wellbeing setting.
- Helping plan, deliver, implement and evaluate a youth-development project in the youth-development sector.