It’s your opportunity to show your appreciation!
Thank Your Cleaner Day was launched to recognise the tens of thousands of skilled, hard-working cleaning staff who work day, night and weekends to keep your working and living environments clean, safe and hygienic.
As the Industry Training Organisation for the cleaning sector, we encourage everyone to use this day as an opportunity to applaud the fantastic and often underappreciated and unseen work that New Zealand’s cleaning workforce do, day in and day out.
How you can get involved
We encourage you to show your appreciation to your cleaners. We’ll be doing a shout-out to our cleaners, and you may wish to do likewise. Here are some ideas:
- Take a few minutes to stop and acknowledge your cleaner – a simple smile or ‘Thank You’ will be greatly appreciated!
- Leave a ‘Thank You’ card signed by your staff or organise staff to bring in a morning tea to share with your cleaner.
- Present your cleaner with a gift such as flowers or a box of chocolates.
- Give up an hour of your time and join your cleaner in his or her work!
- Leave a Thank You note on your desk or do a shout-out if you’re still in the office when they come through.
Every year businesses find wonderful ways to make this day special.
The Building Service Contractors of New Zealand (BSCNZ) have prepared a flyer with some more ideas to inspire you.
Feel free to Download the flyer and find out why your business should get involved and how.