Careerforce is reviewing five level 3 unit standards that are currently listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards (DAS). They are in the Whānau Ora and Community Support, Supporting People with Disabilities, and Health and Disability Principles in Practice domains.
We invite stakeholders and programme providers to provide feedback on the revised unit standards.
If your organisation wishes to comment on the revised standards, please reply to HWProgramme@Careerforce.org.nz before the close of business on Friday, 30 October 2020.
Points of note:
All unit standards
- Formatting changes in the purpose statements (used bullet points).
- Added the following the Guidance Information:
- Demonstration of knowledge and skills must be in accordance with relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- Evidence for the practical components of this unit standard must be gathered in the health and wellbeing workplace.
- Simplified language in PCs, range statement put into Definitions.
1810 – Provide information about resources and support services in a health or wellbeing setting
- Changed Outcome 1 from “Identify and describe” to “Demonstrate knowledge of”. Redefined family, whanau or support persons to “Support network.” Outcomes now include the person being supported.
- Rephrased PC 1.1 to simplify.
- Moved range of 1.1 to Definitions and removed “cultural orientation” as it is also part of “target population”.
- Reworded PC 2.2 and PC 2.3 to simplify.
1818 – Describe the value of relationships in people’s lives in a health or wellbeing setting
- Changed Outcome 1 from “people’s lives” to a “person’s life”
- Changed PC 1.2 to “The role of relationships in fulfilling a person’s needs” instead of “ways in which they fulfil human needs.”
- Reworded and rephrased Outcome 2 and removed the word “promote”.
- Swapped PC 2.1 and 2.2.
- Specified two barriers to intimate relationships in PC 2.2.
- Reworded PC 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 to simplify.
23371 – Support a person with a disability to develop a personal plan to enhance individual lifestyle
- Reworded “personal lifestyle plan” to “personal plan” in the title.
- Reworded Outcome 1, 2, 3 from “participate” to “contribute to”.
- Moved the range of lifestyle areas in Outcome 1 to Definitions.
- Removed “organisational policies and procedures” in PC 1.1, PC 1.3, PC 1.5 as it included in GI 4.
- Replaced “Support given” to “Planning methods” in PC 1.2.
- Reworded PC 1.4, 1.5 to simplify.
- Reworded PC 2.1 and 2.2 to simplify.
- Reworded PC 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 to simplify.
23389 – Describe risk management planning in a health or wellbeing setting
- Reworded Outcome 1 and 2 and PCs 1.1, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 to simplify.
28523 – Describe community values and attitudes and their impact on people with disabilities
- Reworded PC 1.1 and PC 1.2 to simplify.
The last date for assessment using the current versions of these standards will be 31 December 2022.
Please read the US documents below. You also have an option to read them with tracked changes.
|US number||US title|
|US document||US document with tracked changes|
|1810||Provide information about resources and support services in a health or wellbeing setting|
|1818||Describe the value of relationships in people’s lives in a health or wellbeing setting|
|23371||Support a person with a disability to develop a personal plan to enhance individual lifestyle|
|23389||Describe risk management planning in a health or wellbeing setting|
|28523||Describe community values and attitudes and their impact on people with disabilities|