Careerforce reviewed unit standard 25987 Describe culturally safe principles and values for Pacific people in a health or wellbeing setting.
An internal stakeholder group of Pasifika people was consulted in relation to this unit standard.
The following are the changes proposed in the unit standard:
- Added the following Guidance Information (GI):
- 4 Demonstration of knowledge and skills must be in accordance with relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- 5 Evidence for the practical components of this unit standard must be gathered in the health and wellbeing workplace.
- Added Ala Mo’ui: Pathways to Pacific Health and Wellbeing 2014-2018 resource in GI.
- Changed title to include ‘Pacific people’
- In Outcome 1, included ‘Pacific people’
- In Performance Criteria (PC) 1.1, made range more specific to focus on family/families and kinship (incorporating old PC 1.6) and four other values
- Removed old PC 1.4 – not suitable for level 3 learner
- In other PCs, simplified language and added more clarity
Draft copy of the standard is published below, and we invite stakeholders and programme providers to provide feedback.
If you or your organisation wishes to comment, please email HWPRogramme@careerforce.org.nz before the close of business on Thursday, 15 April 2021.