Last updated: 19 June 2019
We are pleased to announce that consultation for the Qualifications Pathway Review (QPR) of Cleaning qualifications is now open.
The review will ensure necessary amendments are made to qualifications to reflect emerging trends, and changes happening across the cleaning industry. It will also check to ensure qualifications continue to reflect industry requirements and to identify if there is ongoing support from the sector for the qualifications under review.
The review will consider the qualification details, specifications and conditions to ensure they reflect the skills, knowledge and attributes expected to be demonstrated as graduate outcomes.
Careerforce programmes that lead to the awarding of qualifications are not part of the review.
The review covers the following:
- New Zealand Certificate in Cleaning (Level 2)
- New Zealand Certificate in Cleaning (Level 2) Health Care Facilities Cleaning strand
- New Zealand Certificate in Cleaning (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Cleaning (Level 3) Supervision strand
- New Zealand Certificate in Cleaning (Level 3) Specialist Cleaning strand – this is intended for activities such as infection control, carpet cleaning, food production, hard floor surfaces, and high risk environments