Qualification and programme overview
This qualification is suitable for people entering the cleaning industry and to recognise the skills and knowledge of those already employed in the cleaning sector.
The health care facilities cleaning optional strand builds on the core skills and knowledge to recognise the specific skills required for cleaning under supervision in health-care facilities.
This programme aims to encourage safe work practices, and develop skills related to cleaning effectively and efficiently.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Carrying out generic cleaning duties.
- Maintaining safety of themselves, others and the environment when performing cleaning services.
- Communication and Customer Service.
- Applying security procedures.
Trainees completing the optional Health Care Facilities Cleaning
endorsement will also be able to:
- Apply infection control and contamination prevention procedures.
How long is the programme?
The programme should take between 7 – 8 months.
Download qualification brochure
*International fees will apply to non-domestic learners. More information.