Qualification and programme overview
This qualification is suitable both for people entering the cleaning industry and to recognise the skills and knowledge of those already employed in the cleaning industry.
The health care facilities cleaning optional endorsement builds on the core skills and knowledge to recognise the skills required for cleaning specifically in health-care facilities under supervision.
This programme aims to encourage safe work practices, and develop skills related to cleaning effectively and efficiently.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Carrying out generic cleaning duties.
- Maintaining safety of themselves, others and the environment when performing cleaning services.
- Communicating within the boundaries of their role.
- Applying security procedures.
Trainees completing the optional health care facilities cleaning endorsement will also be able to apply infection control and contamination prevention procedures, under supervision.
* This programme presently has free enrolment via the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF)