Qualification and programme overview
This programme provides the Urban Pest Management (UPM) industry with competent technicians who have the skills and knowledge required to safely carry out pest management in built environments with limited supervision. This programme is usually delivered through the workplace by a training provider with support from Careerforce. Learning resources and assessments for this programme are only available through the training provider.
The programme includes developing and/or recognising the following competencies in your staff:
- Maintaining health and safety in a range of conditions.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the legislative framework and regulatory controls governing the urban pest management industry.
- Communicating, reporting and recording information for workplace requirements.
- Identifying the purpose and impacts of pest-control activities.
- Identifying, controlling and monitoring pests commonly found in an urban environment.