Qualification and programme overview
This Level 5 NZQA accredited (120 credits) diploma is designed for operational managers and leaders with direct reports from any industry sector who are looking to expand their leadership and management toolkit within their own work-based context.
The programme assesses the following skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Motivating and developing self and others to improving staff engagement and productivity.
- Applying knowledge of the principles and practices of operations, accounting, sales/ marketing, HR, and risk management to support operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analysing the impact of internal and external environments on the organisation.
- Contributing to innovation and change.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Applying problem identification, root cause solving, and decision-making skills.
- Applying professional and ethical behaviour.
- Analysing how the origin and nature of the bicultural partnership (as embedded in the Te Tiriti ō Waitangi and the Treaty of Waitangi) can be applied to business activities and relationships.
Please have a read through of the programme suitability and expected commitment before filling in an EOI.
Read about some of our Business Level 5 Learners and graduates
Developing the People Leaders
Several administrative people leaders [at Te Whatu Ora] began a two-year programme with Careerforce to achieve a NZ Diploma in Business Leadership and Management (Level 5).
Upskilled coordinator helps team support people to lead better lives
Wanaka based Service Coordinator, Emily Black, loves helping people make big changes in their lives. “I like hearing the success stories from staff about the work they’re doing for the clients they support,” says Emily.
Hawke’s Bay manager upskills to better support at-risk youth
“There are definitely things I’ve learnt that have opened my eyes, and that I look at completely differently now,” says Nicky Mapp, Programme Manager at Hawke’s Bay’s Ignite Youth Employment.
Level 5 graduate overcomes self-doubt to be a better leader
Paraparaumu service manager, Karen Macilquham started as a support worker with IDEA Services more than 25 years ago. “The programme reinforced what I knew. But it also made me think of things differently. It made me much more aware of others and our different learning styles”.
Learners may be eligible for Fees Free training. To find out more and to learn how to check eligibility, see our Fees Free page.
*International fees will apply to non-domestic learners. More information.